I share this video and article to bring Awareness about PMDD. THANK YOU for taking your time out of your day to hear my heart.
PMDD stands for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. PMDD is a sever negative reaction in the brain to the natural raise and fall of estrogen and progesterone. In layman terms it makes your serotonin levels drop drastically. Serotonin is the “FEEL GOOD” hormone.
According to research 1 in 20 women have PMDD. Symptoms include cycles of depression, hopelessness, bloating, joint pain, breast tenderness, confusion, brain fog, irritability, overwhelm, paranoia, anxiety, and in severe cases suicidal thoughts as well as other symptoms not listed. Yet these symptoms only occur in the 1-2 weeks leading up to the period, with symptoms easing with the onset of the flow. Most women are misdiagnose before they know that they have PMDD.
PMDD symptoms can sometimes make me feel like my body has been hijacked. Here’s a couple of things that I Do and Don’t Do while I’m having symptoms.
Things to DO💫
1. Show yourself lots of LOVE.
2. Speak out positive affirmations about yourself.
3. Workout for at least 20 minutes each day.
4. Drink Water and Detox Tea.
5. Watch Inspirational movies or listen music or to podcasts that makes you feel good.
6. Try to Eat a clean diet.
7. Meditate on ALL the Love that you have received from others.
8. Call or text the people in your Life that has been such a blessing to you and tell them how much you appreciate them.
9. Talk to a Therapist.
10. REST More and take it easy.
Things to Don’t Do💫
1. Don’t make any BIG Decisions during that time if you can. If you have to make a big decision please try to do it after you have workout.
2. Don’t take things personally.
3. Don’t go on Soical Media.
4. Do not think about past hurts or people who are no longer in your life. Basically don’t think about anything that doesn’t serve you.
5. Don’t compare yourself to others.
If you have PMDD please know that “You Are Not Alone.” I’m sending you so much LOVE, Light and Prayers your Beautiful Way ✨✨✨
*** Disclaimer *** I am not a doctor. This is my story and experience. Please if you think you may have PMDD please talk to your Primary doctor or OB.
P.S Here’s a list of some “Feel Good” Movies
Eat Pray Love
The Greatest Showman
A Thousand Words
Disney Moana and Tangled
Feel Good Funny TV Shows
PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE. You could help so many women.
With Love and Light,
Face of Hope and Beauty
Lifestyle Coach | Model | Life Speaker
Copyright © 2021 Face of Hope and Beauty